I forgot to post yesterday! My sincere apologies. I’m back today with a quick little diy project. You’ve probably seen this before, but here’s my take on it.
diy toilet paper wall art
What you need:
empty toilet paper or paper towel rolls
paint of your color and brush (optional)
pins (or nails, for hanging)
What you do:
1. Pick your paint color and paint the outside of your toilet paper rolls. (I was making this to hang in our newly made over bathroom, which now has yellowish walls. I wanted it to be a slightly darker shade of yellow so I dug through my (rather large) craft paint collection to find this mustardy yellow.) Stand the rolls on end to let them dry. If you don’t want to paint, skip this step. I’ve made these before and left them the cardboard brown.
2. Once the rolls are dry, squash them flat. (top right photo below) Then cut them into equal(ish) parts. (bottom left photo below) I just eye balled it because I like the way it looks when they aren’t all exactly the same. They’re about 1.5 inch pieces.
3. When they’re cut into pieces, paint the inside of the rolls and the edge that will be showing when it’s hanging. (the photos below don’t show this done) I think it’s easier to paint the inside when they’re already cut.
4. Decide what pattern you want to make. For the space I was making this for, I went for long and lean. (see the photos above) I used the hot glue gun to glue two pieces together at a time. (bottom right photo below) Then I attached them to each other.
5. Use little pins (like used for sewing) or nails to hang it on your wall!
It’s a quick diy project… perfect for a hot summer Saturday. Stay cool today!