And just like that, the weekend is over and it’s Monday. This Monday has been particularly exciting. RICE Designs is featured on the website Remodelista! A couple weeks ago, I got an email from the editor in London, asking if she could use one of my images in a post. She was so kind and emailed me this morning to tell me the post went up! To say I’m excited and honored is an understatement. You should take some time to browse their website. It’s full of inspiration. I especially love the DIY ideas. And I can easily daydream looking at the architect visits. Thanks Christine and Remodelista!
So, if you’re here for the first time and you came from Remodelista, here’s a warm welcome to you! Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy what you see and come back soon.
To start this chilly, rainy Monday, here’s a little DIY project. It’s simple and uses some of my favorite things.
diy rock picture clips
what you need:
a small stack of river rocks. I used 3.
a mini clothespin (you could use a regular sized one, but I preferred the small size. You can find them at Walmart in the office section).
spray paint (of course I used gold!)
glue (I used hot glue, but for durability’s sake, I would recommend something stronger).
what you do:
1. Spray paint your rocks. Nice, even, thin coats, until they’re sufficiently covered.
2. Stack your rocks. See what sculpture you like best. My rocks were nice and flat, so I could have skipped the glue on the rocks all together. When you’re stacking your rocks, consider where you will attach the clothespin. (And I have to give my Mom a shout out here.. I got the rock stacking thing honestly!)
3. Glue your rocks together.
4. Decide where to put your clothes pin and then glue it in place.
5. Clip your favorite picture and enjoy! I have mine sitting on my nightstand, but I’m sure it will move frequently. After all, I am a perpetual re-arranger.
You could also use this to hold recipe cards in the kitchen. Or make a smaller version and use it as a place card at your next dinner party! You could clip pictures of each guest, or write their names and clip that. And, of course, you can choose any color you like. I just have an affinity for gold spray paint!
Enjoy and have a wonderful Monday!